As this article on Wired notes,
The people of Twitter have been Photoshopping Ivanka Trump into images of historical import since she attended the G20 summit in Japan last weekend as part of her father’s delegation. The trend started after BBC journalist Parham Ghobadi tweeted a video showing Trump’s attempts to network with world leaders like French President Emmanuel Macron, UK Prime Minister Teresa May, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, and head of the International Monetary Fund Christine Lagarde. In the clip, the first daughter looks less welcome than a geek at the cool-kid table, and less than 24 hours after it made the rounds, writer Erin Ryan kicked off the #UnwantedIvanka meme by asking the internet to place Trump into other scenes, like soccer player Megan Rapinoe’s goal celebration and Beyoncé’s Coachella performance. The internet, in turn, gleefully obliged.
Captured 90,325 tweets from 3-4 June 2019 with tagged with #unwantedivanka, along with 4,725 associated images.
Made a photo mosaic of all the images, anchored to an image first published on Shimbun via Getty Images. A 4K version of the mosaic can be accessed here. A very high-resolution 10K version (74Mb) can be accessed here. Each mosaic features all of the 4,725 images associated with the #unwantedivanka tag at least once.
Download a word cloud of the most commonly used phrases in the ~90k weets collected, totalling around 1,447,176 words. Most frequent words in the corpus: business (20,934); funder (13,425); donald (12,329); video (11,337); doing (10,583).
Access web-based visualisation for all the 90,325 tweets with #unwantedivanka here. Access high-quality image of this visualisation here (141Mb). Download the visualisation as a high-resolution PDF here (formatted for printing at B0 size, landscape).
Access web-based visualisation for the hashtags associated with #unwantedivanka here. Access high-quality image of this visualisation here. Download the visualisation as a high-resolution PDF here (formatted for printing at B0 size, landscape).
Top 10 most commonly used URLs are (numbers within brackets refer to the times referenced in the corpus):
- 737, https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/30/politics/ivanka-trump-g20-north-korea/index.html
- 429, https://twitter.com/timobrien/status/1145671910744829953
- 420, https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/01/unwantedivanka-awkward-moment-at-g20-prompts-slew-of-trump-parodies
- 370, http://bit.ly/2Lo2uro
- 365, http://hill.cm/tTxdnom
- 271, https://twitter.com/funder/status/1145734037253869568
- 266, http://bit.ly/2LAg7Ue
- 244, https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1145666910161448960
- 222, https://twitter.com/skolanach/status/1145439663114444801
- 201, https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/01/unwantedivanka-awkward-moment-at-g20-prompts-slew-of-trump-parodies?CMP=share_btn_tw